|Prize-Winning Painting by member Craig Ford|
As you prepare to enter our 4th Annual Juried Invitational Show: People, Places and Thingamabobs, here are some thoughts to keep in mind:
- Does my painting show sound craftsmanship -- am I painting to the best of my ability?
- Is my subject creatively different -- does it stand out from the rest?
- Does it have artistic flair -- does my work have style and is it painterly?
- When the viewer gets up close -- is my surface personal and is it a joy to see what I've done with it?
- Does my work have gestural energy -- do I use a variety of brushstrokes and mark making?
- Have I given myself a "technical challenge" or have I stayed with what I know I can do well?